Alia and André left for their Europe trip yesterday leaving us with lots of happy moments, memories, pictures and full bellies. Yeah, that’s what happens when you spend couple of dinners in a row in your mom’s place. You are getting fatter in a minute, you just blink and a pound is on. So, the family council (me and my husband) decided that from today we are making a little break from solid foods and will consume only liquid ones for a while. It won’t be the traditional juice fast, because I love my smoothies too much, but we will eat mainly raw things like soups, smoothies, juices, etc until our bellies are back to normal :)
For today I decided to make something different inspired by a memory for the traditional bulgarian tarator soup. It’s cucumbers, garlic & yogurt cold soup served with dill and walnuts. The raw version needed something to replace the yogurt, so almond milk sounded like a cool idea. The result is rich, delicious and decadent raw soup made with almond milk, white grapes, cucumber, spices and a pinch of sesame oil. Yum!
raw white gazpacho
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup white grapes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- wild onion & fresh garlic for garnishing
1. Make the almond milk without adding any sweetener or additional flavors.
2. Remove the seeds from the white grapes or use seedless ones, blend them with the almond milk and strain again.
3. Peel and cut the cucumber.
4. Add everything in the blender and blend for a minute.
5. Garnish with wild onion and fresh garlic and serve chilled or add 1-2 ice cubes.
If you want to make the soup purely liquid, juice the cucumber & grapes and mix them with the almond milk.
Time for preparation: 10 minutes. Serves: 4.