I have so many things on my head lately that I practically live on smoothies. Thank god to whoever invented them. It’s the best food ever when you are in a hurry, you have absolutely no time to cook or think what to cook and you want something sweet and fulfilling to get you going through the day. And if you really need it to be magical – just add some superfood to it and voila, you are the next superwoman in the line, right behind Catwoman and Erin Brockovich :)
I wrote about chia seeds before, so I’m not going to repeat myself. The important thing here is that I used the soaked seeds as a base and ended up with magical superfood powered dietary smoothie. It gives you omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, it’s full packed with calcium, potassium, antioxidants and proteins & it helps you lose weight! Is there any thing better than that? :) Here we go, without further ado, the chia seeds smoothie how to.
- 2 teaspoons soaked chia seeds
- 2 cups nuts or coconut milk
- frozen fruits, I used strawberries
1. Soak the chia seeds in a cup and keep them in the fridge for whenever you decide to use them. They can stay soaked for a week without a problem. For a better taste, soak them in milk.
2. Add 2 teaspoons soaked seeds, the milk and the frozen fruits in the blender and mix for about a minute.
3. Serve and enjoy! :)