Happy 2012, everybody!
The new year is here and I believe most of you have made some resolutions, again… like eat healthier, exercise more, lose some weight, relax, meditate, enjoy life… and yes, they are all good ones, but how long will it take to drop them, again, just to start it all next year, on january 1st 2013? :)
So, to help you start the new year appropriately, I’m here to help. At least with the food part, getting healthier and losing weight. And the best way to do that is easy, and it’s called raw food. Every day, for 30 days. Are you with me for the challenge?
Are you ready to kick start 2012 slimmer, healthier and prettier then ever?
To accomplish the 30 days raw food challenge you will need a food processor, knife and a cutting board, my book and a dehydrator. I would love to skip the dehydrator part, but it’s winter time and we still need some warm foods in our system to feel great.
Our daily routine will go like this:
8:00 – breakfast with a smoothie
10:00 – snack with fresh fruit
13:00 – lunch with fresh main meal or a salad, no dehydrator needed
16:00 – snack with a dessert. Love it, right :)
19:00 – dinner with fresh salad and something warm, dehydrator needed.
And here we go, with Day 1:
* Breakfast – smoothie with banana, frozen strawberries, coconut milk
* Snack – a kiwi
* Lunch – raw spaghetti, recipe from the book
* Snack – raw chocolate mousse
* Dinner – big fresh salad with greens and glazed mushrooms, recipe follows.
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave
1. Wash the mushrooms carefully and cut into slices.
2. Mix the olive oil, tamari and honey and stir well.
3. Marinate the mushrooms in the sauce for 1-2 hours, keep in the fridge.
4. Place in the dehydrator for 1 hour at 145 F, reduce to 115 F and dehydrate for 4 more hours.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Serves: 2
For the salad: mix green salad, spinach and rucola leaves in a big bowl, slice 2-3 radishes and 2 green onions. Add olive oil, lime and salt dressing (Italian one from the book). Mix the greens with the dressing, add the mushrooms and serve right away.
- 3 чаши печурки
- 1/4 чаша зехтин
- 2 чаени лъжици тамари
- 2 чаени лъжици мед или агаве
1. Измийте печурките и нарежете на филийки.
2. Забъркайте останалите съставки.
3. Залейте гъбите със соса и разбъркайте добре, оставете така за 1-2 часа в хладилника.
4. Запечете в дехидратора за 1 час на 145 F, после намалете температурата до 115 F и дехидрирайте още 4 часа.
Време за приготвяне: 15 минути. Порции: 2
За салатата: накъсайте листа от зелена салата, спанак и рукола в голяма купа, нарежете 2-3 репички на шайби и 2 глави зелен лук. Добавете зехтин, сол и сок от лайм. Разбъркайте добре, добавете гъбите и сервирайте веднага.
[social_media order="facebook, twitter, youtube, pinterest"]