September is already here and although it’s still tremendously hot outside I just feel that autumn is coming. The chill in the morning, the cloudy sky, the smell of rain, the colorful trees, the beautiful forests… I love autumn.
It’s my most favorite season of all. Transition time.
A time for new beginnings, new wardrobe, new foods. This blog started in september last year, my name day and my brother’s birthday are in september, my own birthday is in october, and this year in october I start my own workshops. Something I’m dreaming for quite some time.
It’s finally here. Autumn time.
To celebrate it properly I decided to change our breakfast smoothies & juices routine to something more fulfilling and warm. Like this easy and delicious coconut mousse topped with autumn fruits and honey.
The coconut mousse is light and creamy, just like greek yogurt, which reminds me that if you do eat yogurt, you can use it for this mousse for an easy breakfast just the same.
Ah, and we received our new pot of honey last week! I know some vegans don’t eat it, but Bulgaria is famous for it’s honey and we buy ours from a small village up in the mountains, where the bees gather nectar only from wild flowers and herbs. The honey is heartbreaking! Trust me on that.
- 1 can coconut creme or greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 1 cup fresh fruits
1. Put the coconut can in the fridge at least for a day.
2. Using a spoon take only the upper solid part of it. Save the water for future smoothies.
3. Add to the food processor with the sweetener, coconut oil and the scrapped vanilla bean and blend using the S knife.
4. Put back in the fridge to harden.
5. Spoon some in small cups and garnish with fresh fruits. I used grapes, honeydew melon and pomegranate.
P.S. Do you change your breakfast routine with seasons?
[social_media order="facebook, twitter, youtube, pinterest"]