A friend of mine, Veronique, just got back from an yacht cruise around Thassos. See, she is a sailor, not a passenger. She even got a captain certificate for yachts and small boats and she is often invited as a sailor on different yacht trips. How cool is that?! For her last cruise around Thassos she was given a cabin for two and she invited me to go with her. Unfortunately I was busy with workshops in Sofia, so I couldn’t go… not cool at all.
Yesterday we met so she can share the experiences and I was surprised with gifts from Thassos. Thanks Veronique! The first one was a small bag with cute little marble stones from Thassos white beaches. It was packed with photos and a note… “I sailed to there, then swam to there… I gathered a little magic and came back to share it with you… because you are my friend… and I hope you always will be.” I hope so too, Veronique, it’s a treasure to have such good friends :)
And now, I want to share a little bit of magic with you too. The magic of Thassos served with raw white cookies and home made jam. Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener (agave or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Soak the almonds for 24 hours and peel them if you want white cookies.
2. Pour everything in the food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes, until it starts sticking together and form a ball. If your sweetener is not liquid, add a little bit of water.
3. Roll the dough with wet hands and cut different shapes with a cookie cutter.
4. Dehydrate for 12 hours at 115°F / 46°C.
5. Serve with home made jam and a cup of coconut milk :)
P.S. Have you ever been in Greece? Do you like it there?