I always say cooking is all about having the right appliances and the right tools. And I have all I need (may be Santa could bring me only one Excalibur dehydrator) to prepare healthy vegan and raw treats. What I don’t have though are pastry tools. I don’t even know the right names for them or whatever… So, to prepare my Christmas treats for you – I borrowed by mom’s cookie forms, made them, made the healthy frosting and then I had no idea how to apply the frosting over the cookies. If you however have the right tools – the frosting will be amazingly easy to apply, because it’s thick and creamy, delicious and sweet :)
The recipe for the cookies is almost the same as the russian tea time cookies, but the technology is a little bit different. Are you ready for your Christmas fairytale :)
for the cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- a dash of coriander
- a dash of powdered ginger
- a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C
2. Using a pot mix the honey, molasses and coconut oil and melt.
3. Pour the dry ingredients in the food processor and blend.
4. Add the melted sweets and blend until everything sticks together nicely.
5. Remove from the blender, roll the dough on the table and cut your cookies.
6. Bake for 8 minutes.
for the frosting
- 1/2 cup canned coconut creme
- a handful of raw cashews
1. Pour everything in the blender and mix.
2. Decorate your cookies.
3. Place the decorated ones in the fridge to chill and keep them there for a fresh and beautiful looking frosting.
Time for preparation: 30 minutes. Makes 30 cookies.